- 1 package Savoiardi (aka Lady’s Fingers Biscuits)
- 250 grams fresh milk
- 1 cup strong espresso or 2 tablespoons of instant coffee powder
- 70 grams cognac
- 500 grams mascarpone
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams white granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- cocoa for sprinkling
Preparation: 30′ Waiting Time: 6 hours to Refrigerate
1. Beat in the mixer with the wire-at low speed- the egg whites with the granulated sugar until a stiff and glossy meringue is formed (it will take about 20 minutes).
2. In a large bowl mix the mascarpone with the caster sugar with a spoon until mixture is and creamy. Add the egg yolks and mix well to incorporate the mixture.
3. Incorporate the meringue into 2 doses, stirring gently with circular movements from top to bottom to avoid losing volume. In a pot, boil the milk and just as it starts to inflate remove it and add coffee and cognac.
4. Dip Savoiardi one by one in warm milk making sure it soaks on both sides. Then lay them next to each other in a small baking dish or pan without leaving any gaps, so to cover the bottom completely. If necessary break a few to fill any gaps.
5. Pour over the cream and spread evenly. Then dip the rest of the Savoiardi in milk and lay on top. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours to cool down and stabilize the cream , so we can cut and serve in pieces.
Tip: Let the Tiramisu in the fridge over night to taste even more delicious the next day
Before serving sprinkle with cocoa.
Created by: Christina