I find myself on a plane every 6 weeks heading off to a different destination each time, either to Athens to visit friends and family or London to visit my favourite City and second home or to Mauritius to spend time with my family. Whichever part of the world I am in, my favourite time of the day is when the sun is just about to hide behind the horizon and the sky is lit with the brightest most amazing colours nature has to display. Usually, these sunsets are accompanied with a sundowner drink and I make sure I take a few impressive photos of the fiery skies.
Here are some of my favourite sunsets.
Sundowner Cocktail | Cucumber Martini
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Lime Juice (1/2 lime)
- 2-3 slices of Fresh Cucumber
- 2 mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then store in refrigerator for up to one week
- In a martini shaker, add 1 cucumber slice and 1 mint leaf and crush with spoon. Add fresh ice vodka, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake vigorously and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a cucumber slice and 1 mint leaf.